Club Activities & Achievements
The Club has worked hard to turn the foreshore area around the pontoon at Alonnah into a great space for members and visitors alike. We've also been involved in many community activities that have made a great contribution to life on Bruny.
- Boat Ramp improvements at Alonnah funded by the Club and MAST
- New signage at Alonnah Pontoon in conjunction with Kingborough Council
- Very successful fishing competitions (between Christmas and New Year)
- Many Boat Club expeditions and excursions around the Island throughout the year
- Sea Star eradication project
- Our own Boat Club T-Shirts, Stubbie Holders and Caps
- Membership base in excess of 150
- Club working bees to clean up the surrounds at boating facilities on the Island
- Member of Tasmanian Landcare Association
- First for a Boat Club to Charter Bruny Island Charters Boats for Eco Cruise for members and families.
- Improvement of amenities on the foreshore and the planting of coastal vegetation.
- Installation and management of Finger Piers (on-going)
- Dredging behind the Pontoon
- Construction of club Boat Shed on Alonnah foreshore
- Beautification of the foreshore area, including installation of picnic benches
- and we haven’t finished yet!